The natural alternative to wood, with the fastest growth in the world: similar to wood, easily customizable, with finishing options.
Milan, March 2018 - A real ecological and lasting alternative to the increasingly scarce tropical wood resources - MOSO® uses a unique process to improve the hardness, dimensional stability and durability of this product, to bring it to levels higher than the best tropical wood species. The MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® collection: consists of products suitable for indoor and outdoor flooring/decking, cladding, fences, and beams.
A terrace made with MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® is designed to last a lifetime.
Thanks to the unique production process called Thermo-Density®, it was made possible to certify the material for outdoor use and contributed to increase its stability and durability. In 2008, MOSO®’s product development was registered at an international level.
MOSO® Bamboo X-treme’s greatest proof of success is its 3 million square meters installed worldwide and in different climatic conditions.
Bamboo X-treme® decking combine high stability and versatility
It is a very stable material, can be installed with clips and can be used to create special textures and finishes. its superior stability also has another important advantage: a headside tongue and groove junction, which allows any length of decking without leaving gaps between the boards. Available in different widths, depending on the finishing and the surface treatment, Bamboo X-treme allows you to customize the final result so as to achieve the desired style. Each slat has a smooth side and a grooved side: it is thus possible to choose the one that best suits your aesthetic needs. In addition to decking,
MOSO® offers the possibility of using Bamboo X-treme® as a wall cladding or as fence. The Bamboo X-treme® beams can also be used to make outdoor furniture.
MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® is X-tremely unique because:
- Hard and Resistant: the only bamboo decking reaching Durability class 1 (EN 350), tested according to CEN / TS 15083-2 (simulated graveyard test). Exceptionally hard: Brinell> 9.5 kg / mm2;
- Beautiful appearance: you can choose to leave the material grey naturally, or preserve its original dark brown color, by doing ordinary maintenance;
- Easy to install: thanks to the fixed length of the boards (1850 mm) and the possibility to install it wiith clips;
- Sustainable: CO2 neutral; official Life Cycle Studies (LCA) and carbon footprint (ISO 14040/44) confirm that it is CO2 neutral, considering its whole life cycle;
- High stability; much more stable than bangkirai (yellow balau) and other tropical woods, it has a headside tongue and groove (impossible with any other hardwood);
- Economical: thanks to the quick and easy installation, it is possible to save up to 50%, in addition to reducing material waste thanks to the headside tongue and groove;
- Infinite resource: it is made with the Moso bamboo plant, the fastest growing plant in the world: after 5 years it is harvested, and the more it is harvested, the more it grows;
- Fire-resistant: it naturally reaches the Bfl-s1 fire reaction class according to EN 13501-1, facilitating its use in public projects;
- Eco-friendly: the Bamboo X-treme® installations contribute to obtaining LEED and BREEAM scores in eco-sustainable projects.