Bamboo is the sustainable building material of the 21st century. A material with unique ecological and technical qualities and numerous possible applications. It grows like grass and after processing has the appearance and properties of hardwood. MOSO International B.V. is European market leader in the development and sales of innovative, environmentally friendly bamboo products, such as decking, flooring, panels and veneer.
We are immediately looking for a:
Research & Development Engineer (m/f)
(40 hours a week)
About the position:
As a Research & Development engineer at MOSO International BV, you work in an international, dynamic and rapidly growing organization. You are essential in the development of new bamboo applications and products, supporting both purchasing and sales to optimally produce and sell existing bamboo products worldwide. You search and find solutions for technical challenges, are part of a passionate team in Zwaag, 50 kilometers above Amsterdam, and are in close contact with colleagues from all over the world.
The following activities take place on a daily basis:
- answering (technical) questions from colleagues, customers and/or suppliers;
- proposing and executing the development of new products, as well as the improvement of existing, in cooperation with colleagues, customers and/or suppliers;
- creating drawings, (technical) documentation and (work) instructions;
- performing tests or having tests performed by test institutes and the interpretation and communication of test results to internal and external stakeholders;
- ensuring the transfer of knowledge to colleagues, customers and/or suppliers;
- maintaining contact with colleagues and factories in China about production possibilities;
- providing technical support for sales projects;
- working together in (external) project teams.
MOSO is looking for a full-time (40 hours) employee with:
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences level in the direction of industrial design, architectural or mechanical engineering with at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- knowledge of or affinity with wood and/or bamboo; knowledge of (chemical) wood preservation is an advantage;
- a result-oriented attitude;
- a high pace of work without loss of accuracy; problem-solving ability and capable of communicating pros and cons and possible directions for solutions to others;
- knowledge of and interest in commercial processes;
- characteristics of a team player with a sense of responsibility;
- willingness to travel internationally and provide technical support to both production partners (China) and customers;
- professional experience with digital drawing programs such as Autocad and/or Solidworks and Adobe Illustrator;
- excellent fluency in English.
Working at MOSO International BV
At MOSO you work with the fast-growing building material of the future and there are countless opportunities to increase your knowledge. Thanks to the daily lunch, weekly drinks and regularly organized activities, the ambience in the team of approx. 35 people is pleasant and informal. The conviviality in combination with the responsibility creates a pleasant working atmosphere. Every day you are in contact with colleagues all over the world. Sustainability plays an important role in our company: not only do we deliver a sustainable, ecological product, but we also treat our employees in a sustainable way and work in a beautiful, sustainable office. This ensures a lot of loyalty and collegiality in a pleasant working environment! This also includes an appropriate salary, based on age and experience.
Send your resume and motivation to us before February 24, 2020:
Moso International BV
Adam Smithweg 2
1689 ZW Zwaag
e-mail: research [at] moso.eu (subject: Job%20offer%20R, D%20employee)
For questions about the position, please contact Arjan van der Vegte (research [at] moso.eu or +31 229 265732).